Birla college was established in 1972 through the dedicated efforts of Kalyan Charity Trust and Kalyan Citizens' Education Society. Kalyan Citizens' Education Society was founded in 1971 through the efforts of prominent citizens of Kalyan and received the benediction of the Late Shri G. D. Birla. The college continues to receive the blessings of Syt.
Basant Kumar Birla - Chairman, B. K. Birla
Group of Companies and Dr. (Smt.) Sarala Birla.
Birla college of Arts, Science and
Commerce, an affiliate of the University of
Mumbai is a multifaculty institution of higher
education that has more than 8,500 students
on its rolls, pursuing studies in several undergraduate
and post-graduate courses. In addition,
the college imparts instruction to students
pursuing studies through Yashwantrao Chavan
Maharashtra Open University, Nasik. The
college also conducts contact sessions for
students pursuing education through the
Institute of Distance Education, University of
- To unlock the multiple facets of the students and to facilitate
realization of students' potential for excellence.
- To provide them acess to a comprehensive array of careers.
- To promote research culture in order to channelize the spirit of enquiry.
- To motivate the students for continuous personal and professional
- To instill moral values to mould them into excellent human resource.
- To provide homely environment in the institution.
- To develop students into socially responsible citizens.
- To attain still greater heights of glory and excellence.
- To achieve status of institution with potential for excellence.