XXIV INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS CONVENTION ( 9th-10th DECEMBER, 2016 )
The XXIV International Economics Convention was organized by the Hyderabad (Sind) National Collegiate Board (HSNC) and hosted by Smt. C.H.M. College of Arts, Science and Commerce on 9th and 10th December, 2016. The theme for the convention was “Risk Management- a Global Economic Perspective”. Each of the 9 participating colleges, including 2 teams from the USA was allotted one country each, to study risk management in the respective allotted countries. Birla College of Arts, Science and Commerce was allotted “Risk Management in China”.
Birla College was represented by Prapti Tekade (T.Y.B.A. - Team Co-ordinator), Arline Joseph (S.Y.BAF), Rashmeet Surve (S.Y.B.Com), Shree Kirloskar (S.Y.B.Com), Chinmaya Amte (S.Y. B.Com) and Solomon Aniyan (T.Y.B.Com). Raphael Joseph (T.Y. BMM) provided special technical support and assistance. The faculty co-ordinators were Dr. Radhika Lobo and Dr. Mahadeo Yadav.
The Economics Convention consists of a 4 pronged process:
1.Title Presentation: This was held 30th August, 2016. It involved presenting the structure of the proposed research work and suggesting suitable title- Risks: Made in China!
2.Executive Summary and Team Photograph: The executive summary comprised of a written abstract of the proposed research work sent along with team photograph to the host college on 24th September, 2016.
3.Research Booklet: A research booklet of 35 pages was submitted in triplicate on 25th November, 2016. It contained 6 chapters including the research methodology, hypothesis, quantitative techniques for testing the same and innovative solutions to the issue of risks in China. There are 60 marks allocated for the same.
4.Oral Presentation and Question-Answer Round: A 25 minutes oral presentation followed by a 30 minutes Question-Answer round was held during 9th -10th December, 2016. There are 40 marks allocated for the same.
1. 1st Prize- Best Team Overall Performance
2. 1st Prize- Best Presentation
3. 1st Runner up- Best Research Paper.
4. Outstanding Team Contributor Trophy- Prapti Tekade
5. Best Team Speaker Trophy- Solomon Aniyan
Dr. Mahipal Singh Yadav, Professor, Institute for Excellence in Higher Education, Bhopal; Dr. Minu Mehta, Professor, IES, Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai and Mr. Nobel D’souza, Associate Manager, BSE Ltd. and Subsidiary Companies were the judges.
1. H. R. College of Commerce and Economics
2. Kishinchand Chellaram College
3. R. D. and Seth Hassaram National College and Seth W. A. Science College
4. Smt. M.M.K. College of Commerce and Economics
5. Smt. P. N. Doshi Women’s College
6. Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics
7. Birla College of Arts, Science and Commerce
8. University of West Georgia, USA
9. New Jersey City University, USA